The key to selling your home quickly at the right price is in preparing it appropriately.
Here are some tips to increase value:
- Give home a though cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all light fixtures
- Repair defective light switches
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Buff up curb appeal -cut and edge grass
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters
- Wash the windows
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
- Touch up all interior paint
- Low cost upgrades kitchen and bathroom
- Add crown molding
- Buff up hardwood floors
- Update window treatments
Here are some helpful tips for showing your home
- Keep pets out of the house. Either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Put away items in the yard like garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Make sure your home is well lit.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves- Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables out of view.
- Add air fresheners throughout the home.
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.